Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pin It

Stranahan's: Making Me Wish I Were in Colorado Today

Here at the Whiskey Forge, we are great fans of Jess Graber and the work he's doing at Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey. Really lovely whiskeys well worth seeking out. As I was about to head out the door, I caught a glimpse of a notice from the distillery on Facebook:
The SCW Triple Wood Snowflake. Just about 45 minutes until it's release. Very limited stock of about 140 bottles. Available ONLY in person at the distillery. On sale beginning at Noon today, September 15th. $85/bottle and a limit of 6 bottles per person. As with any other Snowflake. There's only so much of it and when it's gone, it's gone.
The sun is shining and it's gorgeous in San Diego's today, but right now I wish I were in Colorado to catch some of that ephemeral Snowflake on my tongue.

Tasting notes are on Stranahan's Facebook page here. Distillery site with contact info is here.

2 comments:

Ace said...

Another great reminder to support our local craft distillery. Each small step gets us closer to legalizing home distilling!

Michael Lazar said...

Does seem kind of odd to me that with such limited quantities of this stuff (140 bottles) that there's a such a high pp limit (six bottles). They can't be that concerned about selling out.