Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pin It

Shameless Self-Promotion

Rowley clearly enjoys thinking about spirits
as much as he does imbibing them...


~ Anne Brockhoff

Love the free airport wifi. I'm killing time in San Diego waiting to board a plane to New Orleans and came across Anne Brockhoff's piece in the Kansas City Star about cocktail reading, Spirits & Cocktails: Good reads on the rocks. If you're a home distiller new to cocktails, it's a decent little primer about what's out and relevant from an imbibing rather than distilling angle.

If you're a cocktail enthusiast, however, she notes a fantastic little book on the history and practice of distilling that you should add to your bedside reading. Yeah, I'm a dork: it's my own book, Moonshine!

But it's not just me that likes it. Micahel Dietsch over at A Dash of Bitters said about the book:

...I kinda understood what a still does, but it wasn’t until I read this book, with its intricate diagrams and instructions, that I really started to get it. There’s something about seeing the parts, illustrated, and how they work together, that helps me understand it.
I'll take that as a mission accomplished. Thanks for the plugs, guys.

.

No comments: